An overview of the most important aspects
- Bodybuilders and strength athletes have a significantly higher protein requirement compared to normal people.
- This can range from 1.5g protein per kg body weight for the casual gym-goer or up to 3g / kg body weight for ambitious and well trained athletes, in cases of steroid users and competitors even higher.
- In a diet, more protein should be consumed to protect muscles from breakdown
- The diet should be constantly varied in terms of protein sources in an effort to get the most complete amino acid balance
- Both slow and fast-digesting protein sources should be used, depending on the situation
- Protein shakes are convenient and can help to reach the optimal amount of protein
- The most important protein meals are in the morning, after exercise and before bed
Thank you for reading.
By Burak Cemil